Transform Your Flooring
Often taken for granted, but oh so important, our home’s floors can be overlooked at times, however; they provide us with protection and comfort for years.
Over those years our floors go through a lot of wear and tear no matter the attention or lack thereof we give them.
Covering everything from the feeling we get about living in our home, to the literal purpose of guarding our home by providing an extra layer of ground protection, a house’s flooring is literally and figuratively the foundation of creating a home.
Are you considering upgrading your home’s look and changing your flooring?
Follow our quick, fun list of five ways to “floor” your guests with a new look for your home!
5 Fun Flooring Ideas
Elevating your home’s look can be a daunting task at times. There are many questions and considerations, but by using our helpful list, you’ll be well on your way from taking the ideas inside your head and seeing the fruition of your ideas and labor come to life:
- Paint Your Vinyl Flooring. Using vinyl flooring and adding your home’s own personality by painting the vinyl is a great way to add character while saving money. The history of vinyl flooring has always been on the cheaper side of things and customizing the flooring yourself will only maximize the result produced. It’s a great way to let your imagination run wild and add a unique home feature that can become a focal point of the room.
- Can’t Find Your Tile Design? Create It! Tile flooring can come in many different designs; however, part of the reasoning behind that is because various people will, of course, have various tastes. The fact is, it is impossible to match everyone’s personal taste and by selecting a simple tile flooring option, you can use this as a freedom to create designs using stencils. Find a pattern that fits your look and style, lay it out, and watch your vision come to life.
- Assist Your Carpet with An Accent Wall. If your carpet flooring has seen better days, give it a proper cleaning and help showcase your carpeted rooms in a better light with an accent wall. Using an accent wall will help bring some of the attention to the other layers in the room that can in turn actually help highlight the positive sides of the rooms other features such as the carpet or a furniture piece. Considering the relatively cheap cost of painting a single wall, this is a great DIY project with plenty of return on investment.
- Don’t Forget Your Shower. Transforming your shower flooring with a custom tile or unique texture such as pebbles or stones is a great way to make your bathroom unique and add character to your home as a whole. Combine this look with a few other features like a matching decorative plant or complementary yet different flooring pattern throughout the bathroom for a truly homely, luxurious look.
- Whitewashed Hardwood Flooring. Hardwood flooring is a classic. Give new life to yours by whitewashing them for a homely and beachy feel. Using this method will have your home feeling like every day is a vacation. Accent your room with a few nautical, yet tasteful pieces and you’ll feel like you’re on the serene beaches of Florida even in the midst of Houston.
Home projects are an easy way to give your home a fresh look and express its inhabitants with style. There are many creative ways to transform your space with only the floor alone. Combined with some decorative changes, painted walls, and accent pieces, we can see that these simple DIY jobs can change the entire way a room is viewed.
Find Your Floor Today
Thinking of trying one of our DIY ideas?
Maybe just upgrading your flooring in general?
Contact the experts in all things flooring at the 99¢ Floor Store. Our wide selection of affordable flooring will have you leaving satisfied with a quality product for a fraction of the cost. From laminate to floor tiles to hardwood and moldings, we have the necessary materials to transform any home and the knowledge to assist in any project or upgrade on your agenda.